Translate

Monday, February 10, 2020

To The Moon & Back With A Distress Oxide Lift


Lisa here!  I'm sharing another cloudy background I created using some distress oxides and the Bubble Box die cut that I used on my card from my last post which you can see here if you'd like!  I'm using the adorable Somebunny stamp set again and this is the night time version....


I used some blues and purple distress oxides this time for my night time sky.  I realized after I finished my background that I forgot to leave some space for my moon glow so I decided to try the oxide lift technique.


I figured out about where my moon would be and used a paintbrush to apply water where I wanted to add a yellow glow and then "lifted" color off of the paper using a paper towel.  I repeated this process a couple times and then dried the area with a heat gun.  Then I added in some yellow.


I also added some tiny gold "stars" using a Uniball Gold Gel Pen.  I used the Stars Fri-Dies (still attached to each other) to create these glitter paper star frames.  I'm thinking I may not cut them apart because I love these frames!  I popped them up onto my background and then popped the rabbit hanging from the moon with a slightly thicker foam tape.


And finally a couple of the adorable sentiments from the Somebunny stamp set and a few sequins!


So there we are!  I can't tell you enough how I love these bunnies!

Did you know there is a special Valentines Special going on right now??  There are 7 sets in the shop marked $3 or less!  You can check those out right here!  Prices are good While Supplies Last until February 14th!

Thanks so much for stopping and I hope you enjoyed your visit!  If you have seen something that you must have from the shop I have this for you:


Come again soon for more CAS-ual Fridays inspiration!  Or why not get it in your inbox!  Sign up in the sidebar to the right so you never miss a post and be sure to sign up for the Newsletter so you get all of the latest information about sales and new products!



1 comment:

Lagene said...

Awesome sky and I love those star frames!