Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Wishing you a Magical Birthday!!

Hi everyone! Hopefully you've all started your weekend, the weather is fabulous and you've got lots of fun things planned, including a bit of crafting. I've got a card to share with you today where I used a 'new to me but known to everyone else in the world for years' product and now wish I had used it sooner!!


Texture paste has been around for a very long time but I've always been a little scared of using it, especially as I don't have much experience with stencils. But now I've got a whole folder full of amazing stencil patterns, I felt it was time to suck it up and give it a go!

 
I started off by putting the Curtis Stencil over the card front with washi tape. I gathered a rainbow of Distress Inks and pressed them all in different spots on my Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat and then added blobs of Ranger Texture Paste to each colour. It mixed with the ink so easily and the colour was so vibrant. I then spread it over the stencil, doing patches of colour and blending where they met. I removed the stencil straight away and cleaned with water, and dried the paste with my heat gun.


I decided I needed some colour behind the coloured panel, so cut the front of the card off, trimmed it down with my Tonic trimmer and popped on a piece of white foam. I added a panel of dark grey card stock to a new card base and adhered the rainbow panel on top.


Using the largest star from the Star Fri-dies I die-cut some white card stock. I then heat embossed the sentiment from the Be A Unicorn stamp set in gold across the star.


To finish off I popped the star up on foam tape and glued on some Neat and Tangled sequins with Gina K Connect Glue.



 I hope this has given you some ideas on different colours for your texture paste and if your thinking of doing any shopping for these CFS products, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15% on your purchase!!

I also wanted to let you know that the Retirement products are now 35% off and if you use my code as well, that's a 50% saving!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here next month, probably with Christmas cards as I need to make more very soon!!

Take care
Shona

 
 

No comments: