Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2019

May your Christmas be filled with Love!!

Welcome to August everybody!! Is it just me or does it feel like we just had Christmas?? Can't believe its past halfway thru 2019, I really need to get going with my Christmas card stash, hence today's cards.

A few weeks ago I was at a craft fair and spent up large (as you can imagine). One of the things I definitely wanted to buy was more alcohol inks as I keep seeing them on projects. I certainly need more practice with them but they were the main focus for today's cards:

 
I kept imagining lots of white against the vibrant colours, so I'm really happy with how these turned out!!


I started off by cutting two panels of Tim Holtz Yupo paper. On one I put drops of Ranger Alcohol Inks 'Aqua' and 'Pistachio', the other 'Salmon' and 'Flamingo', giving them a gentle blow with a straw.


Once they had dried I die-cut circles using the 'Ornament Tag Fri-dies' and also the little ornament topper from some white cardstock.


To decorate the ornaments I die-cut the 'Flakey A2 Panel Fri-die' from white cardstock. I cut it in half and then worked out what corner I could glue on to the circles.


I used Gina K Connect Glue to attach the corners to the circles and just cut off any over-hanging pieces. I really liked the idea of the ornaments not being completely covered as I wanted to see the inks underneath.


I made some 4inch x 4inch white cardstock bases and put the ornaments on foam tape. The sentiment (from the 'Partridge in a Pear Tree' stamp set) was stamped in Versafine black ink on strips of white cardstock and put on foam tape as well.


To finish off I glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled and tied on some silver thread.




Whew, that was a long post of photos so well done for making it through the whole thing. Really hope I've given you some ideas for your Christmas cards and ways to use your panel dies too. If you haven't seen these products before and might do a bit of shopping, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here soon with some more cards ideas!

Take care
Shona

 

1 comment:

Greta said...

So inspiring--thank you!