Translate

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Thinking of You-Stretching Your Supplies


Hello everyone! Nora here from A Creative Touch. Today I am popping in with a "Thinking of You" card that I created using the Pretty Posie's Stamp Set and matching Fri-dies, along with the 4 Petal Fri-dies.


I just came back from a fourteen day trip to Ireland and one of the things that struck me was their gorgeous hydrangea bushes. My card was inspired by just a couple of the photos I took below of various hydrangea bushes across the Irish countryside.



I started off this card by using the 4 Petal Fri-dies and die cutting multiples of the small flower out of white cardstock.


I then used Distress Ink to shade some of the petals pink and another set of petals a combination of pink and lilac blue.


Next I used Distress Ink on white cardstock and stamped and die cut some leaves using the Pretty Posies stamp set. 


To start assembling my card, I die cut a large circle from vellum and cut off a portion of the bottom. I adhered it to the card front at the top and side, knowing that the adhesive would not show.


I then assembled the both flowers over a half circle I had die cut and then colored in. I made sure to over lap the petals to resemble a hydrangea flower. 


I adhered the pink hydrangea flower over the top of the vase, tucking a green leaf underneath. I adhered the blue flower above the pink, using two leaves under this cluster of flowers.

Next I added a sentiment banner that I had stamped using the Pretty Posies Stamp Set on top of a matching pink banner, and adhered a small white bow I created with ribbon.


My last step was to use some Nuvo Crystal drops in white to create the flower centers.


That is all from me today. Use my code NORASENTME to get 15% off your total order in the CAS-ual Fridays Store.


I hope you have a FABULOUS day!!




2 comments:

Darnell said...

This one hundred percent utterly breathtaking, Nora! The amount of work you put into this is amazing! You have captured the real hydrangeas perfectly. I would carry this down the aisle instead of a bouquet, it's that gorgeous! Frame it!! Your trip must have been so memorable! Hugs, Darnell

KathyA. said...

I agree with Darnell. Amazing work of art. And thanks for the step by step tutorial.