Translate

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Ruff Day? Drink Coffee!!

Hi everyone and so glad you popped in!! The 2019 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop  is in full swing and Blogland is awash with incredible coffee projects. With CAS-ual Fridays Stamps being one of the many Sponsors, the Design Team are bringing you a coffee-themed creation each day of the hop.





And before I forget to mention, all Coffee/Tea products are on special, so if you don't have any or have had your eye on any of them, now is the time to buy. AND if you use my special code you will get an extra 15% off on top of the sale price.....yippee!!




Right, time to have a look at my card! As usual I wanted to create something a little different and thought a bit of cuteness would be perfect:

 

I tell you, the Huggable Critters set is so versatile and definitely worth the price. I've used it for so many different types of cards and still have lots of ideas left on how to use it!


To start off I die-cut the ears, eyes and nose from black cardstock. I also used the Coffee Cup Fri-dies to cut two cups from white CS. I glued the two cups together and used a brown Altenew Artist Marker to colour one of the coffee cup 'inside' circles.


I glued the ears behind the cup which gave me somewhere to inlay the brown coffee 'inside' piece. I glued on the eyes and nose and then used a black Altenew Artist Marker to draw some black spots in random places. I wasn't sure what to do about the eyes and drew on some white gel pen to see if Nuvo White Crystal drops would work but decided to try something else instead....

 
 Since this was more of a fun, cutesy card I decided to glue on some googly eyes for my doggie. For the background I used my MISTI and one of the paws from the 'Huggable Critters' stamp set with Altenew 'Dark Chocolate' ink. I love how the paws have a 'heart' in the middle.


The top sentiment (from Nate and Friday) was stamped in black on white cardstock, backed with some black cardstock and put on foam tape. The bottom sentiment was a little trickier.....The 'drink coffee' is part of a sentiment from the Hot Coffee stamp set. I used washi tape to cover the other words, stamped in black ink and removed the washi before stamping on white cardstock. To finish the card I glued on some black half pearls.




I hope this has given you some new ideas for your 'coffee' cards and that you have had a chance to make some coffee cards of your own for the hop. There are so many prizes to be won, its fantastic how much support Amy gets for this event.

Thanks so much for coming by and come back tomorrow for more caffeinated ideas!!

Take care
Shona

 

2 comments:

Sue D said...

This is adorable!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh my goodness, Shona, this is darned ca-ute!! Love the googly eyes; gives your pup some darling personality.