Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Birthday Cards Using Paper Scraps and CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Sentiments

Hello everyone!! Nora here on the blog today to show you some fun cards I created using up paper scraps and some fun CAS-Friday Sentiment stamps.

I don't know about you but I have a TON of paper scraps and my drawers only are getting fuller. I challenged myself to use up some of the scraps by making two birthday cards, one for a boy and one for a girl. I created a step-by-step for the girl card. My cards were inspired by a card I found on Pinterest that used pre-made products and I thought it would be fun to reproduce with stamps.



My first step was to stamp and heat emboss in white all the sentiments I was going to use. Some I masked, others I used the whole strip.


Next I created a card front stenciling over different sized circles with Twisted Citron Distress Ink.


At first I was going to just do a few circles but I got carried away!!


I then started placing the strips around the card, trying to figure out where I wanted them to go. I wound up fussy cutting the "celebrate" sentiment and placed that where I wanted it to go using foam adhesive. I adhered the rest around it.


My last step was to add some pink and green sequins. Who doesn't like a birthday card with some sparkle?


The second card I produced for a boy and used a black striped pattern paper as the background.


Instead of "celebrate," I chose to use the HB2U as the centerpiece. I fussy cut it out, then topped it off with some clear sparkle and Glossy Accents.


Well that is all form me today. I hope this inspires you to look through your scraps and stamp sentiments to create some of your own fun cards. Use my code NORASENTME to get 15% off your total order at CAS-ual Friday Stamps.


Have a FABULOUS Wednesday!!

Stamp Supplies Used:

  





2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a great way to use your scraps Nora, these are terrific!

Kim Heggins said...

So much fun!!!