Translate

Monday, March 11, 2019

A Pastel Rainbow Alcohol Ink Background


Lisa here and today I'm sharing with you an alcohol Ink pastel rainbow background made using Copic marker refills!!  I knew I wanted a little softer look for this background and I turned to my copic refills because I knew I had some really light colors I could use.


I started by picking out my colors first and laid them in the order I wanted to use them.  You have to work quickly with this technique so if you have separate applicators set up for each color, that's easiest, however, I only had one applicator and then took out as many pads as I had colors.   Then I cut a panel from some Yupo Paper.


I quickly worked my way down the paper.  I dropped a few drops of blending solution and then a few drops of the ink refill across the paper...maybe 4 light drops.  Then I took my applicator and dragged it across the paper.  I moved to the next color and did the same all the way down the paper.  Remember that your colors are going to move together so choose colors next to each other that blend well... the fun thing is it's easy enough to play with the colors because you can always start over!  I did go over a couple areas more than once to make the color a little darker, but in the end I got the exact look I was hoping for!


While I waited for the panel to dry which really doesn't take very long at all, I cut all of my pieces... that beautiful heart from the Heart Board Fri-Dies from some purple glitter paper; the beautiful Big Hope Fri Die from some purple foiled paper; the Bubble Box Fri Die from white cardstock (embossed this with a folder);  and I used the same yellow from my background to color the little bit of Yupo scrap that was left from cutting my background panel and then used the 4 Petals Fri Dies for my flowers.


I layered it all together and added some purple gems to the centers of my sweet yellow flowers.  And it was fun to alternate thicknesses of foam tape to every other heart cut out to accentuate each individual piece.


I absolutely love this Big Hope die... I cut it a couple more times from plain old cardstock so I could stack them.  I love the dimension it gives to your word die cuts.  And then I completed my sentiment using the small "hang in there" from the Somebunny Stamp Set... a cute little pick me up for a friend that's having a rough time.  I love to mix and match my sentiments from various stamp sets... you never know what will make a great combo!

And there you have it.. a pastel alcohol ink rainbow!  

Thanks so much for stopping and hope you've enjoyed your stay!  Be sure to come back often for more Cas-ual Fridays Inspiration!

And if you find there is something you must have from the shop I've got this for you:







2 comments:

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!

Grandma Bonnie said...

What fun, Lisa! Thank you for sharing how you created your card. I love it!