Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Love Ya - Your Terrific!!!

Hi everyone!! Hope your all having a fantastic weekend so far and your squeezing in some card making time between all your other 'catch-up' jobs!! 

I've got a card for you today that has a little colouring, a little die-cutting and a lot of glue-tape. It took me a few days to put together but so happy with the final result:

 
Talk about a colour and floral explosion!! This month Kathy Racoosin is running her 30 Day Colouring Challenge which she has every few months. If you haven't heard about it before its all about encouraging people to colour each day for as little as 5 minutes and share on social media what your colouring. There are some incredible colorists out there and I'm so inspired by their projects. I haven't had much time to join in this month but this card took me 4 days to colour, so it was wonderful to finally take part!



To start off I stamped the Full on Floral stamp set using Gina K Black Amalgam ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock. I then used the Bubble Box Fri-dies to cut increasingly smaller shapes from the stamped panel.


Using my Altenew Artist Markers I coloured in each shape, not worrying about blending etc, just enjoying myself and leaving spots of white to create some highlights. I glued the largest one on to a panel of white CS and then used the same dies to cut shapes to inlay into the blue, purple and yellow pieces.


This way when they were on top of each other they had some height and dimension to differentiate between each colour.


I die-cut the Love-Ya Fri-die 3x from black cardstock, glued them together and then to the card. I also white heat embossed a sentiment from the Bushy Tailed stamp set on a strip of black cardstock and glued in place.


All I had to do then was use my Spectrum Noir Shimmer Pen on the die-cut words and then cover with lots of Glossy Accents. I then used Gina K Connect Glue to add some Neat and Tangled sequins. Definitely a great card to send to a friend!!



I hope you like my 'psychedelic' card and its given you some ideas for your background stamps and nesting dies. If you decided to purchase any of the products I used today or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some money!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and one of the other Girl Fridays will be here tomorrow to wow you with her inspirational project!! Enjoy your weekend!

Take care
Shona
 
 

1 comment:

Lucy E. said...

What a fun background!
I never thought of using
stamped frames to make a
background.