Translate

Monday, October 15, 2018

Christmas Card with an Emboss Resist Technique

Happy Monday everyone!! Nora here with a Christmas card using an emboss/resist technique. 

I chose to use two retiring products for this card so when they are sold out, they are gone!! So sad because I LOVE the Modern Petals stamp set. You can use it for almost any occasion!!

Stamps: Modern Petals


I began this card by stamping the petals in red ink. I then stamped over the red with Versamark and  heat embossed with clear embossing powder. 


Next I blended a melon colored ink over the entire panel. The embossed petals remained a bright, shiny red because it "resisted" the ink.


To make the front panel a bit more interesting, I randomly sprayed mist in red and white. 


While the mist dried, I die cut the sentiment from white glitter paper using the Noel Fri-dies.  I then adhered the sentiment to the front of the card.


My last step was to adhere clear sequins and jewels randomly over the card.


I hope this inspires you to try the emboss/resist technique. Don't forget to use my code NORASENTME to get 15% off your total order-including sale items. 


Have a FABULOUS day!!



 


2 comments:

Shelly said...

Such an awesome card!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Nora! I like the sprinkling of sequins and the sparkle they add!