Translate

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Thank you with Foxy

Hi everyone, hope your all having a fantastic week and you've had a chance to do some crafting. I've got a card for you today along with a tutorial with LOTS of photos, so get comfy, grab a drink and lets go!!

 
This is the card I created for you today using the Foxy stamp set and Bubble Box Fri-dies. It looks plain and muted until you tip it towards the light:


This is where the shine comes in from the vellum. I was actually trying out a new embossing powder at the same time as making this card and the shimmer was so good, it completely changed my card design......love it when that happens!!


To start off I stamped the fox image on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS using VersaFine Claire pigment ink in 'Morning Mist'. I also heat embossed the same fox image on vellum using Hero Arts 'White Satin Pearl' embossing powder. I didn't want too much colour on the fox image, so only used three colours of Zig Real Color Brush Pens. I was really surprised that the ink didn't bleed at all, its fantastic for watercolouring!!


Once the painting was dry I cut a panel of grey CS the same size as my card base and die-cut the Bubble Box Fri-die from the middle of it. This photo also shows you what the VersaFine ink looks like.


Using a tiny amount of Gina K Connect Glue I glued the vellum piece directly over top of the image, making sure it lined up perfectly. I only glued around the outside edge as didn't want the vellum to pucker with the liquid glue.


I adhered the grey panel over top and then glued to the card base. Isn't the pearlescent shine just incredible!!

 
All I had to do then was heat emboss the 'thank you' (from the same Foxy set) in silver on a strip of the same grey CS, pop it up on foam tape and glue on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.


 
I really hope you like this design and maybe you'll be inspired to try something with vellum and heat embossing today. And don't forget that if your going to be doing some CAS-ual Fridays Stamps shopping, to use my special code to save yourself some money!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'm sure another Girl Friday will be here tomorrow to wow you with her incredible project!!

Take care
Shona

 

No comments: