Translate

Sunday, July 8, 2018

How to Paper Piece a Birdie Baby Card!!


Hello Crafty Friends!! 

Larissa here today to share a SWEET Paper Pieced Baby Card!! I just LOVE the Little Birdies Stamp Set and wanted to show how you can Paper Piece this Image, even though its a single image!! 


I Started by choosing my Patterned Papers!! I find its easier for me to choose Patterns if I pick them from a 6x6 Paper Pad!! Most of the time you're insured that the Colors and Patterns will all work well together!! I'm using Papers from the Simple Stories 6x8 Oh Baby Collection!! 
I LOVE the Pastel Colors!! I chose 5 different Patterns!! The Grey Text for the Background, The Rulers for the Border and three different Patterns for the Birdies!! I Stamped and Embossed the Images onto each of the Patterns placing the Images on the Pattern where I wanted the Designs to be!! Then I Fussy Cut the Images out!! If you're careful while doing this you could create 3 Cards with the extra Birdies, just rotating how the Patterns would Layer!! 
Then I Die Cut a White Cardstock Piece using the coordinating Birdies Fri-Die and layered the Patterned Birdies onto the White Cardstock Die Cut for the Outline Layer!! If you didn't want a White Cardstock Layer, you could also Stamp your Little Birdies Image straight onto your Cardbase and then Adhere the Patterned Little Birdies on top of the Images lining them up for a One Layer Card Design!! I personally LOVE the Dimension!! 

I wanted some Texture for my Background so used some Scattered Straw Distress Inks to Ink a Sunscape Stencil Design and then I Stamped the Small Flower from the  Best Day Ever Stamp Set using some Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink!! Then I used the Small Paint Splatter Image from the Bomb Diggity Stamp Set to stamp some Leaves using some Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink!! Some Black Diamond ColoriQue Ink Splatters were added to finish off the Design!! I added some Studio Katia Iridescent Crystals to the center of the Flowers and  I Stamped and Embossed the Sentiment from the Little Birdies Stamp Set to ground my Images!! 


I LOVE the Way it turned out and think this makes a SWEET Baby Card or Birthday Card!! 

THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!! 
If you create a Paper Pieced Card, I hope you'll share with us on Social Media using the Hashtag #CasFridays as we LOVE to see what you create!! 


 Little Birdies Birdies Fri-Dies Best Day Ever 

No comments: