Translate

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Friend Friday with Chameleon!




Hello, I'm so happy you're here today! We are doing a month-long series with Chameleon! Join us each Friday to see inspiration from us and get the link to hop over to their blog to see inspiration from them, and chances at prizes both places!

So before we get started, a little back story...
I am a marker-phobe. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the awesome creations that artists do with blending colors and admire their skill and talent. I don't color because it intimidates the bejeebers out of me! 
When I was at CHA last January, I had the absolute pleasure of meeting the Chameleon team. I watched them for the longest time demonstrating how their awesome markers work and I started to think I might actually be able to color with these!! They have this unique chamber that you place over the marker that makes blending color a total snap! One pen does it all!

I'm excited to be able to share our stamps with the Chameleon design team, and in turn, Chameleon provided the Girl Fridays with a set of their markers. YOU get to see the awesome pairing of cool companies and see some incredible projects each Friday for the entire month of July! Woot Woot!

First up is Laurel with the Cool Tone pens and our Special Delivery Stamp set.


"I used all the colors in the Cool Tones pack. I fused each marker for about 15 seconds, then started at the bottom of each envelope and worked my way up to the top. On the mailbox, I didn't fuse at all."

Next up is Kelly with Mon Ami stamps  and Warm Tones pens


"The best way I found to get a smooth transition of color is to hold the pen upright while coloring, so that the full nib is touching the paper. Otherwise, if you hold it on an angle, each stroke of the pen will have a slight light to dark gradation, resulting in tiny lines as you color back and forth. You can somewhat see this on the middle petal of the two flowers. I definitely got better after a few flowers. Another thing to note is that you can have fun blending two colors together. The top flower started out just like the bottom flower. With the melon marker I started at the tips of the petals and colored my way towards the center. With the yellow marker I did the reverse, starting at the center and coloring towards the tips of the petals."





How's that for a great start? The fun's not over yet! 
Leave a comment here answering the following question for your chance to win a $25 gift certificate to www.cas-ualfridaysstamps.com

Do you like to color?

and then click HERE to be taken to the Chameleon blog to see what eye candy awaits you there, and get a chance at the their prize too!


I hope you find some time to get your ink on today :)



36 comments:

  1. I do like to color
    and have several books
    that I spend time in!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous coloring with these markers. Love the colorful envelopes and the beautiful flowers. I like to color but need to improve my technique and sometimes have trouble deciding what colors to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards. I love to color. I love markers but I don't practice enough with them. I find myself coloring with crayons when I sit and color with my 5 year old boy. I'm most comfortable with pencils on my cards. However, I did get one of the complete sets of the Chameleon markers and I'm practicing with them as well. I love watching them color in their videos, always seamless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coloring. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All ~ I love to color and, in fact, did some quick coloring with some Zig markers tonight in a coloring book. I'm definitely interested in learning more about the Chameleon markers that are being used here....they look so intriguing. Thanks for the inspiration! ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like colouring but I don't think I'm very good at it, no matter what I use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to color. I don't think I'm very good at it....yet, but I keep at it. These markers look awesome and it would look like I'm an amazing colorist while coloring with them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I love to color. I have several coloring books and lots of stamps to color. I love the Chameleon markers and the Zig markers too. Lots of fun and stress relief.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm slowly getting over my fear of colouring. I love all kinds of mediums, but I'm always afraid to mess up, even if you cannot tell from the resulting cards. I guess I will just need to do more colouring, so that I can really start enjoying the process as well as the result. It seems to me that the Chameleon pens have a very short learning curve. Love the cards shown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to colour, everyday if I get the chance, I've never tried Chamelion only cause I dont have them to try but I use pencils, Copics, watercolour distress ink zigs anything I can get my hands on. Colouring is relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to color! I'm a work in progress with it....constantly working to improve. It is fun though and I enjoy it. Taking some classes next week at the Scrapbook Expo in Georgia....hoping I will learn new "coloring" tricks and tips. :) I have a set of Chameleon and they are very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I LOVE to color!! Always have my travel bag ready whenever I'll be waiting for anything, i.e. dr apt, etc!!! Would love to try these markers!!! Love the cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to color and have since a young age. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL I am just like you when it comes to coloring: scares the bejeebers out of me! I have tried here & there and I get by, but I really don't have any good markers to even help me. LOVE the beautiful cards today; gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES YES YES!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to Color!! =) It doesn't even matter the Medium!! I'm HAPPY with ANYTHING!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww!!!! I love so much to color!!!
    Great collaboration!!! Stunning cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't before, but I love to colour now, especially with alcohol markers. I accredit the change to the 30-day colouring challenge.
    These Chameleon pens are so interesting. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laurel and Kelly your cards are absolutely lovely! I love colour whether its pastels or bright colours and everything in between.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love to color... I find it relaxing!
    Thanks for sharing these lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Coloring is my therapy! And I get to share some handmade cards when I'm finished. I love the colors you achieved above on the cards. I need to be brave and use dark cardstock LOL!!!! Thank yo for the inspiration and to Chameleon for their generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really the only coloring I regularly do is messy watercolor with Zigs or DIs. I do love seeing what other people do & it'd be fun to see if these pens would mean I could actually color an image! Love the samples by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love to color, but find sometimes I don't know when to stop- I tend to want to fix thinags and end up far away from where I wanted to go. I need to be in the zone to know when to quit or at least walk away and revisit later

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've not been a fan of coloring but I'm
    becoming a convert. My coloring is
    improving and I'm much happier with
    the end results. Probably having
    good types of materials helps too.
    Love your flowers. The shading is
    fantastic.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love to color. I free hand color, use coloring books and I color in my stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am just starting to learn how to color. I have a long way to go. It helps to study sites like this. I need to pratice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love my chameleons! Not a colorist at heart but after taking some
    Time with these pens I feel a bit more capable of great coloring! I also love the addition of the color tops!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love to color, from watercoloring to color pencil, love them all, when I travel, I never go without my coloring book!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The creations here are just gorgeous with the coloring! I am one of those self-taught people who love to color...I have loved to color since I was a child. There's always something new to learn though and that's what I love about art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. These cards are awesome. I love to color - copics

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing cards; looks like the team have mastered the Chameleons! I love x love to colour! Currently, coloured pencils work best for me, but I'm feeling the urge to branch out, especially after seeing these gorgeous creations...
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love to colour and have some chameleon pens bun am still learning to get the most from them, but they are great for shading especially on larger images.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. New comment from me. . .Forgot to answer the question so. . .I color with anything I have--markers, pencils, paints. Love it. Also, as I started to say earlier, the cards on your blog are great. What a wonderful "pairing" you've done. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the colors on both of these beauties! Yes, I like to color... but just for cards, not just to kill time. I remember the first couple of stamps I got I HATED the idea of coloring them in, but that quickly passed. However, I still like seeing ideas using stamps showing them uncolored, just for those lazy days I don't have time to color. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!