Translate

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Get Your Twinkle On

Happy Wednesday!

Have you heard that we're retiring 29 sets! 29!! 
Lisa is here today using one of the sets that is on the retirement list.


Here's how she did it:
I have used the Star Dies and the Twinkle Set that is retiring. I wanted to go totally glam like the sentiment from the set implies so I used a mix of glittered papers. To keep the card interesting I used a "faux inlaid die cutting" technique. To get the look of overlapping cuts I first die cut the stars in silver, making sure the different sized stars overlapped at some point on the one before it. I then made sure to keep the small silver pieces that needed to go in between the cuts off to the side. Next I went ahead and cut the stars out of the red, white and blue glitter cardstocks, and layered them into the silver. Finally I added the small silver pieces back in and viola! It looks like I've created one flat surface without all of the work! I then stamped my sentiment in the upper right corner with Staz On Ink. The final touch to my card was going over the edges with my distress tool. Since I had cut everything out of glitter cardstock, I didn't feel the need to add any other embellishments. I hope to see you try this "faux inlaid die cutting technique" and make sure you tag us when you share it! 



Look at all that delicious sparkle! I love how this looks and that retiring sentiment is super awesome on this card! Be sure to grab Twinkle and any of its retiring friends while they are still available.
They are priced to go and some of the sets are already sold out. 

I hope you find some time to get your ink on today :)