Translate

Monday, November 21, 2016

November 22

Happy Tuesday!

Today I start cooking!!
Thanksgiving is just 2 days away here in the US
and in Colorado, I'll be cooking for the next 3 days
cuz that's just how I roll.

Girl Friday Kelly
is here today with an awesome card
and
awesome tutorial!
Check this out...

 Hi folks! I'd like to share a tip for turning a straight sentiment into a rounded sentiment that wraps around a circle, like the "you deserve a round of" sentiment above.

The sentiment comes from the Bravo set, where as you can see, the sentiment is straight.

I used a circle template (this one I just grabbed off my desk from a prior project!) With the MISTI closed, tape the circle where you want the sentiment to be in relation to your card showing through. I'm going to be lining the stamp along the inside circle here.

Open the MISTI and start shaping your sentiment along the inside circle.

Stamp, and then repeat as needed. In this case, 3 sentiments happened to fit pretty well around the circle. I tested this quickly on scratch paper first to see if it was close enough. If the sentiment was way off, I'd try changing the size of the circle.

I could have stopped here, but I wanted to ink the inside of the circle. The nice thing is that since you just lined up the sentiment around the circle, you know it's the perfect size to be a template for ink sponging! To make sure it's aligned right, since you can't see through the paper, I made a light pencil mark inside the circle. Looks good!
Then I blended ink, and cut some stars of gold lame fabric with the Stars Fri-Dies. The rest of the sentiment is embossed on a strip of black cardstock. I cut two strips off at the end and spaced them out to make it a little more interesting on that side of the card.

Thanks so much for looking!
-Kelly

How awesome is Kelly?
I love her and her cool, so very cool, style.
I have tons of amazing stamp and dies set on sale right now in my shop.
If you're into black Friday, small Saturday cyber Monday and all that jazz,
then this sale is for you.
No waiting and no codes needed
BUT
if you happen to find a special code on Kelly's or any of the Girl Friday blogs
or on my challenge blog,
you can use it and its good on the sale prices too!!
I ask one thing...share it with everyone you know!
I'm thankful for all of you and I love to share the love.


1 comment:

I love hearing from you!!