Translate

Saturday, September 3, 2016

September 4

Happy Sunday!

We are enjoying a nice long holiday weekend here in the US.
Last weekend for the pool!
You know what that means...Christmas will be here before we know it!

Girl Friday Lisa has a
really beautiful card for you today
using Mistletoe & Holly with
Ornament Tag Fri-Dies

I really love the way it looks, it reminds me Christmas tree lights!
Here is what Lisa said about her design process...
  I started by repeatedly stamping the sentiment on the background of a watercolor panel. I then went in and added layers of water coloring over the words. Next I stamped and water colored the holly image in.  Once it was dry I trimmed it out. With the background being so busy I used one of the circle dies to cut a circle out of vellum to help the holly image stand out. I then layered it onto some gold glitter paper and finished it with gold enamel dots.


I then stamped the inside sentiment and added the holly image in the bottom right corner with a tone on tone effect.

I like the simple stamping inside the card.
and you know what? it would be cute stamped on the envelope too!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh By Golly.....this is GORGEOUS! How creative! Love the colorful backdrop to the Mistletoe on Vellum! WOW!!!

Shelly said...

Oooh, beautiful card!