Translate

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 6 Introducing...

Happy Wednesday!

We are having so much fun spilling beans this week!
I hope you've enjoyed meeting the new Girl Fridays so far, 
and the fun's not over yet!

Today, I'm thrilled to introduce you to


Joining us from Connecticut, Nora is an awesome card designer with a wonderful eye for color! I think you'll really enjoy seeing the wide range of projects 
she'll be sharing with you to give you lots of CAS-ual Fridays ideas.

Be still my heart! I love this beauty!
I've got a special treat for you today because Nora 
did a tutorial to show you she created this! Yay!!

First I stamped the flower from the "Wonderful Words" stamp set onto watercolor color paper. I then embossed it using white embossing powder.

I then used Zig Clean Color markers and a wet paintbrush to paint in the flowers with various shades of pink. I used yellow to paint in the flower middles.

Again using Zig Clean Color markers, I painted the background with two shades of green.

When the panel dried, I adhered a piece of foam to the back and adhered it onto a My Favorite Things piece of Sour Apple card stock. I then stamped the sentiment onto white card stock in black and layered it over two pink banners made from paper scraps.

I then randomly adhered sequins onto the card. 
I LOVE the bright green with the pink. Reminds me of spring!!

Be sure to visit Nora's blog to get to know her better.
You'll want to leave some love for each of the new designers on their blogs to increase your chance of winning! 

That's right! 
1 lucky random comment from our introduction week will win a $50 gift certificate!

The fun's not over yet!
I'll see you tomorrow!

51 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nora! You do such beautiful work and you are going to be a great asset to the team! So happy for you! Fabulous tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the
    design team Nora!
    Your cards are so
    pretty and colorful.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Nora! Great tutorial with beautiful coloring work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card with bright colors, A great tutorial as well, Congratulations Nora!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh how colorful and pretty! Congrats Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the bright pink and green! Congrats and thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Nora on becoming a Girl Friday and welcome! I am in love with your beautiful card! It is SO PRETTY! The colours are perfect! Now I am off to check your blog! (Can't wait to see more of your work!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Nora! Your card is really fabulous! Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these bright colors! What a wonderful, cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your debut, Nora!! You truly have created a stunner of a design - so bright and lovely - just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Nora! Beautiful introduction card! LOVE the colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this fun color combo!
    Congrats, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bold, bright colors, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cheery with the pink and green.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too am addicted to Zig markers. Love how your card turned out (great flower stamp). How did you get that smooth look with the green background?! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love this card! The very first giveaway that I won was CAS-ual Fridays. And Wonderful Words was one of the sets that I chose! I am very inspired now to create something with this lovely stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome Nora! I love how vibrant and cheery your card is. Looking forward to the future projects you'll feature!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am doing a happy dance for Nora!! So happy for her =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am doing a happy dance for Nora!! So happy for her =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome, Nora! Thanks for the awesome tutorial on your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, I can certainly see why it was so hard to stop at only 3 on your DT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats, Nora!! Super bright and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh I love this card! It's awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all the bright colors you use, Nora! Welcome - can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good choice again, Michele! Nora's work is jaw-droppingly gorgeous and precise!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love white embossing on cards and those colors really pop against the embossed image. WOW, what a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Nora! Fabulous card - amazing color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So happy to see Nora on the DT! Her cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this colorful, happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card love the bright colors. So pretty. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is gorgeous, Nora. Congrats and lots of fun ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow do those colors pop!! Love the bright pink and green together!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the bright colors on this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fun card! I just love the bright colors. :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love these colors...great card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations, Nora! Your card is veru beautiful with that vibrant colors. Thank you for rhe tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations, and what a gorgeous and colorful card.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!