Translate

Friday, February 19, 2016

February 20

Happy Saturday!!

I've got a great project to share with you from Girl Friday Angie, 
and 3 winners to announce from our Calling All Sistahs blog hop!!

I am loving this Sassy Smile and Friendly Flowers Fri-Die card!
Just wait til you hear how she made it. 
You'll love her design process :)

Part 1:
So I had some chalk and decided to make a “real” chalk background on a card. Turns out there’s a reason people do “faux” chalk…”real” chalk rubs off on everything! I toss it aside. Twenty-two days later I pick it up. Yep, still chalky. I spray it with hairspray. It seems like I heard to do that somewhere before, but I'm torn between thinking, “Gee, this card smells great!” and “Gee, this card is highly flammable!” Heat embossing is quite safe, no worries! I stamped “Smile” from Sassy Smiles in Versamark and heat embossed in three different colors. I added the aromatic, chalky panel to a piece of chipboard for sturdiness, which will be helpful when I start gouging holes in it in Part 2.


Part 2:
On the way home from work I decided I needed to make a card with a spring on it. Luckily, I had plenty of old ink pens in the junk drawer, and I bet you do too. I used the Friendly Flowers Fri-Dies with patterned paper to make all three sizes of flowers, so cute! I pierced a hole in the largest flower first, then unwound the top of the spring and started twisting and turning it through the flower. Next, I added the medium size flower, and lastly, the smallest flower. I cut off the extra spring at the top. Once I had the flowers in the spots I wanted, I added a mini glue dot underneath them on the spring. To attach the flower to the card, I used my eyelet hole maker (wow, it’s been awhile for that thing!), dug around the hole to make it larger, filled it with some glue, and set the spring into it. That’s it! Wonder how else we could use ballpoint pen springs...

Now before you all run off to pull the springs out of your ball point pens, 
we've got a few winners to announce.

The three lucky winners of the $25 gift certificates are:

Fun card/reminder.

The sun is shining behind the ribbon - there
is hope for a cure.
thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

From Joanna's blog:  Heather C
Simple and elegant. Very beautiful,
Winners please contact me at info@cas-ualfridaysstamps.com to claim your prize by Feb 26th.
On Monday, Feb 22nd I will make a very important and exciting announcement!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card and an even funnier post lol Everything about it makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see my name as a winner.
    Love the card - the bobbling flower is darling.
    thanks for the gift.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!