Today I've got a fun post for you
and a little something for you at the end!
Did you know that Girl Friday Angie is positively delightful?
She is super fun and sweet...kinda like this card she created!
Isn't it yummy?
I just love how used the vellum over that wonderful background she created.
There is a lot to look at on this happy card.
Thankfully, she put together a photo tutorial so you can get some ideas
you can use in your next project :)
Stamps: Calm & Loving, Mwah
Fri-Dies: Funky Round Tag
Cardstock: White, vellum
Ink: Memento Black, 4 - 5 different shades of red to pink
Accessories: Big Shot, Ranger blending tool, glue stick, decorative bow tie
Directions:First off, this card was inspired by a gorgeous creation from Laurie Willison at Soapbox Creations (I loved it so much, I wanted to marry it!) and by all the fabulous blending tool cards by Laura Bassen at Doublestick Heaven (yes, I went out and bought a blending tool immediately!).
1. Start with 5 1/2” x 4 1/4” white card base and stamp circle hearts randomly all over in black ink. 2. Use the circle die from the Funky Round Tag Fri-Die to make a stencil.
3. Place the circle stencil over one of the circle hearts.
4. Use the Ranger blending tool to fill in the circle stencil with red ink.
5. When done coloring, move stencil away to admire how pretty it is! hehe!
6. Repeat steps 3 - 5 with different colors of ink. (Note: I used the stamp to help me find some of the circle hearts I had stamped. It might have been easier to stamp one, then color it in immediately.)
7. When all the circles hearts are colored in, it will look like this.
8. Lay 5 1/2” x 4 1/4” vellum piece over card front, and position the “hugs & love” stamps from Mwah where you want them to be.
9. Stamp and emboss sentiment and add decorative bow or accent. Attach to card front across the top with clear drying glue.
Confession: I have a blending tool...that I've never used! *gasp*
I think I'm going to have to dust it off and try it out.
So here's a fun little extra for you:
This weekend is both the last weekend before school starts
and my youngest son's 14th birthday
so in honor of celebrating this weekend,
I'm giving you all
on orders over $25
Yes, even for my international friends!
No code needed and it's good through Tuesday.