Translate

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Special Guest Designer: Shona Chambers Day 1

Happy Wednesday!

I'm excited to announce our next Special Guest Designer!
She has a CAS style that really knocked my socks off.
Joining us from the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, 
please welcome


I'm a stay-at-home Mum with two children and have been blogging for nearly two years. I'm completely addicted to card making and think about it 24hrs a day!! I don't sleep well so quite often you will find me blogging and creating at 3.30am. I live in a little town in New Zealand and have no one around me who crafts, so love that I've been able to meet fellow crafters around the world thru their blogs. I love Peanut M&M's, horror movies and belly dance when I have the time. I really hope you like my cards and that they give you some ideas on how to use these fabulous CAS-ual Friday's products. Thank you so much Michele for giving me this amazing opportunity to showcase your fantastic company!!

How did you get introduced to stamping? 
When I started looking at crafting blogs I came across the blog of Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire. Their crafting skills blew me away and I loved all the stamps they used. They totally inspired me to go stamp shopping and I still follow their blogs for inspiration.
Do you scream on roller coasters? 
Definitely!! I also laugh a lot too, which I think is more of a 'nervous, think I'm going to die' laugh but I love roller coasters so much, the fear is totally worth it!
Favorite crafting tool of all time?
This is hard, its a toss up between my Cuttlebug and my We R Memory Keepers Trimmer. I couldn't live without either of them.
What's on your perfect pizza?
 I'm not a big meat eater but for some reason I go straight to the Meat Lovers option every time. I also like lots of BBQ sauce. This is making me hungry.......
How many hours do you spend each week on Pinterest?
It can vary a lot. Sometimes I won't go on for days and then will find myself trapped there for hours searching up all sorts of things. Its such a brilliant idea and I love pinning everything!!
If you could go back to any time in history, who would you like to meet?
I wish I could go back and meet Robin Williams. He is my most favourite actor and always made me laugh and cry, depending on the movie. I love all the movies he did and I'm still gutted that he is no longer here with us.
My favourite crafty trend or technique right now is.....
Water colouring. I'm gradually getting more confident with it but I've never had any artistic abilities, so my painting is very basic. I especially love the 'smooshing' technique. I'm normally so controlled with my crafting so its nice to make a mess and it still look good.
My favourite occasion to make a card for is.....
I recently went thru all my boxes of cards and it turns out that my biggest pile was of 'thank you' cards. I'm one of those people that constantly says 'sorry' or 'thank you' (drives my husband crazy) but I like people to know that I'm grateful for what they have done. My Mum must have made it important for me to say and my children are also very big on saying it to everyone. It can make someone feel so good!

Shona had a lot of fun creating with our 
Look at all of her fabulous creations!!




Squeal!  I love them all!!
She did a wonderful job showcasing the beauty of this set. 

Shona has more amazing cards to share with you 
so please join us again tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Shona's cards are so beautiful. I have followed her for a long time and love her work! Congrats on being a special DT, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Shona! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHONA!!!!!!
    Love your cards!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, you've showcased the beauty - and versatility - of this set with style and flair! All four are simply amazing! Yet again, you have me in awe...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!