Translate

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Special Guest Designer: Shelly Kurth Day 1

Happy Sunday!

I'm so happy to introduce you to our next Special Guest Designer. 
She's a Girl Friday at our CAS-ual Fridays Challenge 
and I just love her CAS style. 
I thought it would be a lot of fun to have her join us and share some of her cute cards.


Greetings from the Sunshine state! I'm a stay at home mom to four beautiful (and sometimes crazy kids)! I started scrapbooking back in 2004 and shortly after found my true passion was in making cards. My style is typically CAS and nothing other. However though, I do sometimes like change things up and try something new. When I'm not making cards, you'll most certainly find me at the beach! Sun, sand, and surf...what more could you ask for?! :) Thanks so much for having me, Michele! 

How did you get introduced to stamping?I actually was never really introduced into stamping. When I started scrapbooking, I was buying things I didn't really know what to do with! lol Eventually, I bought a stamp set and a few inks and just started to playing around. I made a card using those stamps and was instantly hooked! After that, I just kept buying more and more stamps! And still today, I keep buying more and more stamps! 

Do you scream on roller coasters? Nope. No screamer, here. I love roller coasters, but I'm more of a "wooooo...woooooohoo" kind of girl. :)

 Favorite crafting tool of all time? Oh, boy! Favorite crafting tool of all time?!...This is a tough one! Believe it or not, I'd have to say my bone folder. I had my bone folder for many, many, years now. I have yet to find another that compare! Though, I can't even remember what brand it is lol It has some good weight and works like a charm for me. I don't know what I would do without it!?! 

What is on your perfect pizza? My perfect pizza, really depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Though lately, I've been all about the ham and pineapple!

How many hours do you spend each week on Pinterest?  Ha. Y'all will get a kick out of this! I'm not even on Pinterest! *Gasp!* lol I know, I know. So many are, but with so many different accounts already and trying to keep up with my kids, I can't even imagine having one more account to anything! ;) 

If you could go back to any time in history, who would you like to meet? Ooooh, another tough question! Though, I would have loved to met Paul Walker! 

My favorite crafty trend or technique right now is... One of my favorite techniques right now is watercoloring! Whether it's just a touch of watercolor or lots of it, I love it! 

My favorite occasion to make a card for is...
 I would have to say my favorite cards to make are "thinking of you/just saying hi". 


Shelly got her ink on with our Calm and Loving stamp set 
and created a couple of really cute cards. 


She used one of the open circles from our Fun-Fetti Fri-Dies to make a little tire swing, 
and then dressed it up with one of the little hearts. 
The little watercolor grass patch under the tree is a sweet touch. 

What a happy card!
I love all the little hearts she stamped all over. 
This would be a cute card for any occasion!

Please join us again tomorrow 
when Shelly returns with more beauties!



6 comments:

  1. yay Shelly... congrats on guest designing.. your cards are adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly I love seeing your cards! and your cute face, and sweet comments all over our blogging world - getting to know you better is awesome, and your designs are, too! Congrats!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Shelly!!!!!!!! Love her CAS designs and the cards today are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CLEVER designs, Shelly! Who needs Pinterest when you can design like this? Congrats on the guest design, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, seeing you as GD has planted a smile alll over my face! Your debut cards: delights!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!