Translate

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Special Guest Designer: Annette Allen Day 1

Happy Wednesday!

I'm very exited to share another fabulous guest designer with you!
She's well known in blogland for both her talent and her sweetness.
She's also my friend in real life! ( I know...how lucky am I??)
Please welcome the super awesome

Hi, my name is Annette Allen and I am so excited to be guest designing for Cas-ual Fridays Stamps this month. I live in Colorado and am a stay at home wife who loves the Lord. I have been crafting since 1997 and I do not just make cards but also enjoy sewing, scrapbooking and various other crafts. I think if it involves glue you could say that I love it. I have been married for 20 years to a wonderful man. My passion is crafting and I love being inspired and also inspiring others. Thank you for having me and I look forward to the many new friendships along my crafting journey. Happy Crafting!


How did you get introduced to stamping?
I was first introduced when I lived in Germany. Many of the Air Force wives were involved in Stamp-In Up and invited me to a party. At first I thought wow there is no way I would do this. I thought it was too expensive to buy the supplies to make a card. But then I got invited again and well you can say that was all it took. I have been addicted sense.

Do you scream on roller coasters?
Oh I totally scream on roller coasters, but I love it. I usually loose my voice by time the day is over. What a rush!

Favorite crafting tool of all time?
Well I have a couple but if I had to choose one it would be the Misti. I purchased it now really knowing that I would love it so much. Let's just say it is my best friend when it comes to stamping sentiments.

What is on your perfect pizza
Well I might be a little boring when it comes to Pizza. I am a Pepperoni and Cheese only person. 

How many hours do you spend each week on Pinterest?
Well I love Pinterest but do not spend much time on it. Only when I need something like a recipe or fun decorating idea. So I would say maybe two hours a week. 

If you could go back to any time in history, who would you like to meet?
If I could go back I would say my great-grandmother. I hear amazing stories about her and wish I could have met her. 

My favorite crafty trend or technique right now is...
I am totally loving the shaker cards. I am having fun taking advantage of them being in right now. Well that is now that I know how to make them. 

My favorite occasion to make a card for is...
My favorite occasion is Birthdays. I think that most people just get so excited on there birthdays and to receiving a homemade card is just another thing to get excited about on your birthday. 


Annette created 2 totally gorgeous cards using our Mon Ami


I love the wonderful coloring job she did!
The bright bold colors are yummy and the little white gel dots are so cute!



Such a fun way to use these Mon Ami Fleur Fri-Dies. 
The little flower clusters at either corner of the card are super cute!

Annette will be back again tomorrow with more super cute projects!
We'll see ya then!



14 comments:

  1. So excited to see Annette as the GD. Her cards are fantastic, especially love the colours and design for her second card. Looking forward to her next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Annette!! These are both gorgeous cards!!!!
    Congrats on your Guest Designer Spot!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your amazing projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Guest spot Annette!!! Beautiful cards...love the beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Annette! AWESOME inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS Cards! Love the bold colors. The designer info is so fun. I love posts like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a GD post, love your work!! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both designs Annette! Congrats on being a GD and can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Annette! I love the fresh bright summer colors on the first. The second is lovely and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding! Love Annette's coloring magic in these two cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, Annette! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, Annette! And so fun to learn more about you. Congratulations again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!