Translate

Friday, July 31, 2015

July 31

Happy Friday!!

Girl Friday Virginia is here with two awesome projects using our 
Lovely Links Fri-Dies and Lovely Greetings. 
She calls them:
One border die, two colorful ways!


Oh gosh, these cards are both so great!
Check out the cool techniques she used to create them.

For card #1, I created a colorful paper with water-colors with Peerless

I used a pattern paper for the base and created a vibrant background. Add the sentiment with black card stock, sequins and thread, this card is complete!

For card #2, I created a softer watercolor paper with Gelatos. I purposedly left the small hearts inside the dies as they add more colors and interest.

I stamped the sentiment with two colors (Teal/Mint and Black). Thus, it makes a stronger statement.

Thanks Virginia!
These are so pretty!!!

11 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Virginia did CAS-ual Fridays stamps SO proud!!! These cards amaze, inspire and delight!! Virginia is one of the crafty people who never ceases to amaze and teach and encourage!!! What a fun, idea packed post!!! Thanks!!

~amy~ said...

sooo pretty, love them!

Shelly said...

These are sooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, Virginia! Had to pin!

conil said...

Love the vibrancy of the first card and the delicacy of the second. What fun to use border dies this way.

conil said...

Love the vibrancy of the first card and the delicacy of the second. What fun to use border dies this way.

cghundley said...

Gorgeous! Great way
to use the border die.
Carla from Utah

Sue said...

I love how you used this border die on your cards! I love both of these cards! Thanks for some great ideas and I love that die, too! Will have to add that to my wishlist!!

Nora Noll said...

This is fabulous!! I love that the products you used made those cards completely different. Such an awesome way to use border dies!!

Barb Ghig said...

Two really fabulous cards, Virginia! I love how the Peerless Water Colors brought these die cuts to life! Love them both so much!

Rubycat said...

This is something I should post on my fridge - or somewhere I can see it often - every time I see this brilliant use of border dies as the main element of a card, I slap my forehead for once again overlooking this simple use of borders. Thanks once again, Virginia.