Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Special Guest Designer: Julia Altermann Day 1

Happy Sunday!

I'm thrilled to introduce you to our next Special Guest Designer. 
She's joining us all the way from Germany...isn't blogland awesome?!
She makes cool cards, cool video's and is super cool herself. 

Please give a warm welcome to the sweet and talented 


Hi, my name is Julia Altermann and I am a cardmaker from Germany!
Originally, I hail from the beautiful town of Dresden in former East
Germany, but due to work I am currently living in Stuttgart. I am a
Support Analyst for a small company of 11 people - we make a successful
app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. I live surrounded by vineyards with my cat
Sissy (named by my friend’s kids!) who likes nothing better than to sprawl
across my craft desk.


How did you get introduced to stamping?
For my dad’s 80 birthday, two years ago, I wanted to give him a trip to
Paris. Knowing that he and my mom are notoriously forgetful about
taking photos, I made cards for every major sight in Paris and asked them
to take pics of themselves with the cards in front of each sight :) Through
that project I discovered the huge world of card making and crafting and

have been exploring it happily ever since.

Do you scream on roller coasters?

Heck, no. I try to get off mid-ride! I am terribly afraid of roller coasters
and my best friends, who have had the misfortune of riding alongside me
in the past, refuse to do so again. I got so scared I figured getting off was
better than remaining on, and for most of the time, my friends were

hanging on to me ;)

Favorite crafting tool of all time?

It’s a tie between my Guillotine trimmer from SU and my Big Shot. I feel
that the investment into a good paper trimmer is well worth it because
nothing beats straight lines and being able to create your own straight
card bases :) And the Big Shot is a pure miracle. I mean, die cutting and
embossing in my own home? I always thought you’d need an industrial

machine for that!

What is on your perfect pizza?

It has to have artichokes and black olives. The rest we can negotiate, but

no pizza can earn the “perfect” label without those two toppings.

How many hours do you spend each week on Pinterest?

I am afraid to count! Well, realistically, I probably spend about half an
hour per day on average. If I am looking for something specific, doing
research, it might be longer, but I usually get inspired quickly and then

run off to my craft table.

If you could go back to any time in history, who would you like to meet?

Caesar. Galileo. Charles Darwin. Marie Curie. Bismarck. Neil Armstrong.

My favorite crafty trend or technique right now is...

Rainbow color schemes in every variation and one-layer cards. I find

these two to be quite difficult at times and I loooooove challenges.

My favorite occasion to make a card for is...

To cheer someone up. Birthday cards are often expected, sympathy cards
make me cry, but to make a card for a specific person in mind to cheer
them up makes me feel great while I create it, and to hear from that
person after they received the card, knowing I made them smile, is just so
rewarding.

 
She made a great card for you today 
and a video too! Yay!!!

It's all about the negative die cut. 
She used stamps from our Casual Comfort set, 
and one of the Casual Tree Fri-Dies to create this beautiful card...


And now you can see just how she did it by watching this video...



I hope you enjoyed it!!  
Julia will be back again on Tuesday with another great card!
Please leave her some love!!

9 comments:

  1. Yay!! Awesome lady and AWESOME card!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "blogland" is great. Hello and welcome Julia. Love your card. I make cards primarily for the Veteran's Hospital in Detroit, Michigan. I do make "hello" cards for friends and family. I think of cards as a smile in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Cards as smile in the mail" - that's a wonderful description!

      Delete
  3. Woo hoooo, my awesome friend! Congrats on your GD post where your card is nothing short of stunning (the blending, the die cut, the sentiment...all so balanced and beautiful) and your video, as they all are, is exponentially informative and engaging! What a treat to see here at CAS-ual Fridays, creating magic with these products in the way only *you* can do! Lucky us to have you in a staring role here!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed - this card is lovely and so well done!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to know more about you, Julia! You are so talented! Wunder scheone Werk!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!