Translate

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Special Guest Designer: Jessica Frost-Ballas Day 1

Happy Sunday!

We have a special treat for you! 
We are beginning a series of Special Guest Designers 
and today you get to meet the first one!

I had a lot of fun one day strolling through blogland, 
and discovered a few blogs that just blew me away.

Our first guest designer knocked my socks off with her cool design style and stylish use of color. 
I found her creations to be so inspiring and I just knew I had to see what she could do with 
CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.

Please give a warm welcome to the sweet and talented

who will be getting inky with us for a few days!

Hi, Jessica here from All the Sparkle.  I am SO excited to be guest-designing for CASual Friday stamps and sharing my creations with you this weekend!  First off, a little bit about me...I live in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley with my husband, two dogs, a cat, and a rabbit.  I've been crafting in one form or another since I was a child but have recently been able to devote more time (and space!) to card-making and I LOVE it!  I am a freelance harpist and I spend most days teaching piano and harp to students of all ages.  I love the ever-changing creative nature of my day job; however, I really enjoy my crafting time as it allows me to access and unleash a very different side of my creativity!  With my cards I love experimenting with new techniques and I can't resist adding a little extra sparkle to my creations!!  

I thought it would be fun to ask Jessica some fun questions to get to know her a little better :)
How did you get introduced to stamping?
My mom introduced me to stamping in the mid 90s.  She had just started cardmaking and, at the time, Virginia Beach had three independent stamp stores (I miss those days!) and she bought me a wood-mounted unicorn stamp that I would spend hours coloring with markers and stamping.  Ha, I still have that stamp! ;)

Do you scream on rollerccoasters?
I LOVE roller coasters and thankfully for the ears of nearby riders I've outgrown screaming throughout the ride.

What is your favorite crafting tool of all time?
My favorite crafting tool is my M.I.S.T.I. (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented) as it has saved me many times from sloppy misstamping.  It also just makes lining up sentiments and images SO easy!  If my craft room was on fire I'd grab that first! ;)

What is on your perfect pizza?
Mmm...my perfect slice of pizza has lots of chunks of sweet pineapple and sausage! Yum!

How many hours do you spend each week on Pinterest
I'm a bit of a night owl so I usually cruise Pinterest before going to bed...and depending on what I find I either spend about 10-15 minutes a night or an hour...or two...ha ha.

If you could go back to any time in history, who would you like to meet?
Hmm, good question!  As a classical musician I'd have to go back and meet some of my most favorite musicians.  I think my number one pick would be dinner with Hector Berlioz! ;)

My favorite crafty trend or technique right now is...
Ooh...I have a lot of favorite crafty trends but my most favorite right now is watercoloring.  A close second is shakers and anything with sequins...and you'll see both in my cards this weekend!

My favorite occasion to make a card for is...
My favorite occasion to make a card is just because!  I love surprising a friend or family member with a card for no special reason. :)

Ok, are you ready to see her creations??
Check out these totally amazeballs cards she made for today using sets from our music collection...



Aren't they spectacular?!
I just love how the colors explode on her cards, and I think the white embossed sentiments and images really look awesome. 
Have fun looking at them for a while, I know I could stare at these all day! 
Jessica will be back again tomorrow with more stunning creations that you won't want to miss. 
In the meantime, please leave her some love, 
and be sure to check out her blog to get more details about her cards, 
and to see more of her amazing work!



15 comments:

  1. I found Jessica's blog a few weeks ago and was instantly hooked. She's extremely talented as these cards also show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these cards are gorgeous.. love all those backgrounds.... Congrats on guest designing Jessica.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH a fan of Jessica's....love her style! AWESOME cards...FABulous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! They are all stunning! Going to her blog to see the deets and following this very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all gorgeous! Congrats on guest designing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous! Congrats on guest designing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for Jessica! GORGEOUS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Jess! Awesome interview and LOVE your watercolor cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Jess!! Such incredible designs and those colours are oh so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the guest design feature, Jess! I love love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Love those watercolor backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In love with these cards and slightly in awe of all that color!! Jessica is awesome AND sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those colors bursts!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!