Translate

Thursday, June 18, 2015

June 18

Happy Thursday!

Angie has created a fabulous tutorial for you today! 
I'm really excited about it, because it's a technique I totally want to learn how to do.

Check it out!



Here is a quick tutorial to explain how I achieved the “messy embossing aka happy accident” technique on my card from May 30:


Gather your materials, including some embossing powder and ink (I used Champagne Mist All Purpose Ink by Tsukineko). FYI, some of my pictures show gray cardstock and some show khaki cardstock, so you’re not losing your mind, it was me.


I painted the ink onto my cardstock base, starting in the middle and moving the brush outward, to give the feel of rays shooting outward from the star. (That sounds corny!)  


Next, I heated it with an embossing gun, originally because I was too impatient to wait for it to dry. That’s where the “happy accident” comes in. I didn’t heat it long enough (impatient, remember?), so the embossing powder stuck to it in some places, creating the “messy embossing” look. So, remember, don’t overheat! J


Next, the embossing, yay! After I die cut the Stars Fri-Dies piece out of my top layer, I laid it over the painted cardstock and stamped the star in the opening. Love how the stamps and dies work together so perfectly! I shook on the embossing powder, then used a dry paint brush to kind of feather it out and remove some to get the look I wanted. Now you’re ready to emboss it with the heat gun.


I did the same process with the smaller star in the center of the card as well as the
“banner streak”” on the front of the card.



Again, I used a dry paint brush to remove some of the embossing powder and create some streaks before I used the heat gun on it.


And that’s “messy embossing”…or maybe you can think of a better name for it! I hope you try it and link up here so I can check out your creations! J


I'm thinking this is pretty super cool!
I'm loving Angie's messy embossing technique 
and I don't know about you, but I'm running to my studio now to try this out! 

Let's leave Angie some love for this!



5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love all that fun embossing!

Shelly said...

Super AWESOME!

Virginia L. said...

What a cool and awesome result...I don't know if I can pull this off and make it look this good!! Awesome work, Angie!

Deepti said...

Awesome technique ! I will have to give this a try :)

Taunya Butler said...

Awesome and so cool!! Love any embossing hints!!